Friday, January 8, 2010

And so the journey begins.

I've spent part of last year getting to know Raymond. He's the brain behind Nacho Grandmas Quilts. I've soaked up EVERY tidbit of information that has come from his website, blog, email, phone call and book. Yes, he's even self-published his own book!! He was kind enough to send me a copy (autographed even!) along with his template and foundations. So anywho, here begins my journey creating my first quilt using Raymond's system. Sit back, grab a drink, and enjoy the journey with me.

I'm going to use Twilight Frost from Connecting Threads for my fabric. I have 21 fat quarters divided into lights and darks. I'll supplement fabric as needed with the charm packs and jelly roll.

the lights..............................and the darks

I have my template as well..

I started with this.................and now have this (sorry about the bad pic.)

Thus begins my journey down a new path in my quilting (mis)adventures. Thanks for joining me and as always comments are welcome.

6 comments:

  1. Excellent!!

    "a journey of a thousand miles begins with one step . . ."

    I look forward to journeying along with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh...okay. I have been wanting to "play with" Raymond's quilt tiles. LOL>..but I had never made a template. Now I have and I can think about it seriously. I will be watching to see how yours comes out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please be sure to show us pictures all along the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This will be a beautiful quilt. Can't wait to see what it looks like when it is finished

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the new blog format. Looking forward to seeing your progress on the quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment.