Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Rain rain rain...

It rained here most of the day. But thats okay, I got more (a lot more!) of my Jacob's Ladder components done(see block below). And there is a waiting list for that quilt!!! I even got my order from Connecting Threads today, 3 spools of thread and 2 charm packs for my apple core quilt. I bought lime colored thread to quilt something, now I can't remember which quilt!!! I'm having a TOTAL brain lapse.

I really need to finish the quilt I'm working on for our local domestic violence shelter. The guild I belong to decided that every member is to make a quilt and matching pillow case for the DV shelter. A total of about 20 to 25 quilts. I'm about half way done with the quilting, but things happen. New projects get started, and the current project get pushed to the back burner. Gotta have it done by Christmas. I can do it, at least I think I can.

While out and about yesterday, I stopped at a local thrift store on the tip that they had a few sewing machines. You can NEVER have too many in my opinion. I struck out... Someone beat me to them. I'll try again tomorrow.

Tomorrow evening is our last quilt class, we'll learn how to add sashing to the 12 blocks we've made. Okay, so I've been quilting since roughly 2000, I think I know how to do that by now. But what the hell, my wife and I will go, maybe learn something, and get to see the other's blocks.


I doubt I'll do much quilting this weekend, as we're having a family get together at my parents. My uncle I haven't seen since my sister's funeral(2005) will be there. He's moving out west. Who knows when I'll see him again.

G.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment.