Is a good foundation. So tonight I'm starting to cut more muslin foundations.
I started with about 2 yards of muslin and my NEW rotary cutter (Thanks Grandma!!!).
After a few folds (yes I cut 4 at a time), and a few cuts later...
20 more foundations to starch & draw the stencil on.
For my starch I'm using Sta-Flo starch diluted with water at a 5 oz of water to 1 oz or starch ratio. Instead of soaking them as Raymond does, I'm using a spray bottle set to mist and giving the foundations a nice shower and allowing them to dry. Kind of a trial and error thing, if that doesn't work I'll soak them.
So while I'm cutting foundations, my wife says to me "I'm excited to see how this turns out." All I could do was smile. Thanks dear, that means a lot to me.
In a few emails to Raymond today, he's offered more insight and suggestions. Thanks! Without you, I wouldn't be doing this. I've also promised that if I find out something really neat or an easier way to do something, I'd pass it along to him, and don't worry, I'll post it here as well.