Sunday, January 10, 2010

Thoughts and Questions

Have you ever been woken by the telephone ringing? I was today, at the crack of 1:00pm. After the short conversation with my mother I went back to bed. Granted we went to sleep at 7:00am this morning, but thats a diferent blog post for a different time. As I'm trying to get back to sleep, questions like, "What if I were to sub-divide the colors into light, lighter, dark and darker." That would give this quilt a more dynamic look. But then I thought about using more tiles, I can use 4 tiles and make a 4 patch block, but what if I used 9 tiles and made a 9 patch, or made a 16 patch? With each tile's ability to be presented in 4 ways the combinations are endless (almost).


Stay tuned, tomorow is my planned 'cutting day'!!

7 comments:

  1. Don't you love the 'what if' questions that just pop into your brain when you're trying to sleep, sometimes it's my most creative time! Look forward to seeing where this goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MY problem is...I think of great ideas while drifting off to sleep and can't recall the specifics when I wake up...I just know I had a good idea but it got LOST and then I'm bummed. I have learned to put the light on...quickly...and write it down so the idea is on paper for me when I wake up!!! (Of course, I think you are a lot younger than I am...so you probably don't have this problem. LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I vagely remember you sauomg something about needing a note pad by the bed ... when I try to do that I can never read what I wrote. I figure it was supposed to be that "brilliant" It'll come back to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really should wear my glasses - sauomg = saying

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with your cutting! Just remember if you are a) using a one-sided printed fabric, b)cutting multiple layers at once and c) cutting to the exact size you need, that for a couple of the pieces you will need to cut with all layers facing the same direction. The piece with the "3" in the corner and the narrow triangle are the ones where you have to do this.

    So you can't just fold the selvages together & cut away, you need to cut them with all layer face up (or face down, depending on whether you mirrored your foundation or not.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with ya (in spirit), Greg . . .

    The 'LoveBug' suggestions above are good ones . . . the corner triangles and the trapezoid are the only shapes it doesn't matter whether you cut 'em with the fabric face up or face down (since these shapes are symmetrical) . . . the two large shapes and the narrow triangle are one-directional, though

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Raymond, good catch! Need my eyes checked on that giant shape. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment.