Monday, January 11, 2010

Chapter 5.... Cutting Day.

So actually it was cut and sew day. Having the day off really helped in getting the fabric cut. Although I still have more fabric to cut, I did manage to get 4 blocks together. I just couldn't cut 'em out and not get a few together could I?


I cut strips off of my FQ's measuring 3 1/8 x 18 inches (2 of each strip). Again, I'm using Twilight Frost from Connecting Threads.



I then cut around the template adding 1/4 inch to each side for seem allowance (Shameless plug for Aunt Sadie's Quilt Shop.Located at 208 Winchester St. Winchester Ks.)


Following Raymond's directions for foundation piecing I attached my pieces to the muslin. After attaching all the pieces tothe muslin I got this..



I rinsed and repeated 3 more times (total of 4 so far). With 4 "blocks" I can make any number of designs...


This is just one of the designs I came up with. To create a different design all I have to do is rotate any one (or all) of the blocks for a different look.

If you're just joining me on my journey, please be sure to read my other posts. Links to them are located on the top right side of this blog. Comments are questions are always welcome.

7 comments:

  1. Hooray!!

    It looks great, Greg!! I knew you could do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Greg!!! Congrats on your first four... you'll be hooked for sure!

    Love the fresh look of your blog by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the stars combination - especially fitting for the twilight frost.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love foundation piecing as the points are SO terrific!!! Good job, Greg.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know how much i love foundation piecing, and you did an awesome job! I love the stars and the twilight theme to the colours.
    Great job!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking good! Great job Greg, now you just gotta keep going :) We want to see every step of the way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that fabric is really dynamic in that configuration! Can't wait to see what's next. Fortunately, I'm reading this all way after the fact. I just had to see what the Purple People Warmer was all about.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment.