So tonight I made more foundation pieces and cut more fabric and even created this block.
I'm finding on some pieces that even with a 1/4 inch seem allowance on all sides of the pieces, I'm almost coming up short when I sew down the edges . For example, the dark purple in the upper left corner, just caught the needle as it was sewn down. I'm thinking of increasing my seem allowance to 3/8ths of an inch just to be on the safe side.
After finishing this block I paired it with one of the others I've made. No matter which way the blocks were turned at least 1 color on each block matched up. I'm itching to get more blocks done with different colors to see what I can create.
I've also realized I have to have an appliquéd quilt done by March. I may be doing double duty and working on both projects. Who knows....
As always questions and comments are welcome.