Friday, January 15, 2010

PROJECT PPW: Chapter 8.

Hey you... Stop copying me! Tonights chapter involves mirror image blocks.


These two blocks are mirror images. They're created by cutting 2 shapes out of the fabric, one right side up and the other upside down( folding the fabric and cutting two shapes at once speeds this along!). There are numerous designs to be made with the mirror image blocks. Here are a few, you can still create stars and "eyes"



I have not incorporated these into the other blocks I've made, but will probably do that this weekend. Look for a few extra posts on this. I'll also be cutting new templates out of a sheet of acrylic

Thanks for reading. Comments and questions always welcome.

5 comments:

  1. Excellent, Greg!!

    I like the way these look . . . I'm anxious to see your acrylic templates, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really does look like you've held a mirror under the blocks to get the reflection. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Warning: Paper piecing is addiciting!! I've been doing it for years.
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been following along with this type of quilt design,, I like it! haven't made anything yet,, but I'm getting close
    I can't wait to see your finished project.
    Beth in Dallas

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment.