Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Quilting & Jimmy Buffet

Okay okay okay.. I know what you're thinking, and NO I have not actually been quilting with Jimmy Buffet. I have been listening to Jimmy Buffet while quilting though. Thats right, I cue up some ol' Jimmy and quilt most of the day away. His album Buffet Live: Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays gets my machine going and before I know it, the quilt top is done. So I pose to you, dear reader, this question; What music, TV program, or <insert motivation here> gets you in the quilting mood?


Your life is an occasion... Rise to it!

4 comments:

  1. Good question, Greg . . .

    I have eclectic tastes in music, from classical to classic rock, from new age to smooth jazz . . . I've created radio stations on Pandora Radio to suit my many moods: Praful; Afro Celt Sound System; Enya; Jean-Michel Jarre; Rick Braun; Paul Hardcastle; Samuel Barber . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. What gets me in the quilting mood is looking at blogs and seeing what others have done and it makes me want to jump in and finish something of my own. As for the music I listen to as I quilt that would be anything from show tones to hard rock and everything in between. Pop and dance music are the two big ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've recently started listening to some great Irish musicians from the Kansas City area, Bob Reeder, Eddie Delahunt, Tullamore and Kelly Dougherty to name a few. I've recently added them to my music library and I'll have to see how well they influence me to quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rock and Roll, Tom Waits and country but usually I forget to put any music on or the kids have made off with the radio/cd player in which case it ends up being rap.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment.